responsible for contributing to reaching team sales goals and meeting or
exceeding customer satisfaction. Assists
in managing store operations as directed by superiors to ensure high levels of
productivity, efficiencies and effectiveness.
Works smoothly with supporting Departments as needed.
the company’s vision, mission and demonstrates organizations’ values.
1. Demonstrates confidence in the brand to team and potential
logic and cooperative communication.
Empathetic, able to read client’s needs and applies creativity to solving them.
to clients’ needs and understand the importance of relationship building before
making a quick sale.
does not pre-judge. Applies to product or clients.
oriented, proactive and sales skills and good service spirit
7. Is responsible for competitive
shopping and staying abreast of the competitive environment.
8. Actively receives coaching and mentors other sales managers to provide
a cohesive team unit.
9. Strives for continuous improvement of sales and operational
10. Adheres to corporate standards
11. Assists in managing store
operations to ensure high levels of productivity, efficiencies, and
12. Personal sales goal -- Is
responsible for meeting and/or exceeding a minimum standard of sales that
contribute to the overall stores sales goal
13. Is responsible for
competitive shopping within the region and ensuring all associates are
knowledgeable on Ashley Furniture product, competitor’s product and can provide
a selling story to assist the customer in making a well-informed purchasing
14. Willingness to work outside
the store and travel within territory to develop project sales.
15. Attends all training
16. Maintain reliable attendance
17. Complete other related assignments
and special projects as requested.
supervision. Support department
operations involving confidential information.
Exercise independent judgment and discretion. Promote and build image of
the Ashley Furniture HomeStore. Target
and delegate specific jobs to qualified personnel. Assists in managing store facility and all
1. Education ● AAS Degree in Business Administration, Retail, Marketing or related field required or equivalent work experience 2. Experience ● 2-3 years of retail sales experience in a commissioned environment with proven track record of achieving goals. Preferably in a furniture environment ● 2 years of supervisory experience 3. Knowledge of: ● Microsoft Office software ● Comprehensive knowledge of Ashley Product ● Retail operations ● Commission sales 4. Skills and Abilities ● Prioritizes work ● Demonstrates personal productivity ● Multi-tasks ● Process oriented ● Demonstrates accountability and integrity ● Follows policies and procedures ● Takes initiative ● Attends to critical detail ● Displays high energy ● Enthusiastic and friendly ● Possesses self-confidence ● Projects a professional image ● Creates emotional connection ● Ensures long-term brand confidence ● Responsive to customer needs ● Personalize each interaction with people ● Works as a team ● Adapts interpersonal style ● Listens actively ● Embraces change ● Solves problems ● Offers solutions ● Leads a team ● Influences others ● Motivates and recognizes ● Communicates openly
Director of Merchandising is accountable for maximizing the category sales and
profitability in alignment with the company strategies and brands. This
involves developing and executing a robust merchandising strategy, driving
product development with the in-house design team, leading the merchandising
team to high performance, devising compelling marketing and promotions programs
and maintaining a focus on continuous learning and improvement.
describes the primary /essential responsibilities that this job performs.
1. Review and
analyze consumer demographic and psychographic characteristics, fashion trends,
retail landscape and other relevant data to stylistically interpret,
financially plan for and react to emerging market trends and conditions.
appropriate competitive strategies to drive category product development,
good/better/best quality merchandise assortment and quantity, purchase,
pricing, margin, promotion and clearance to complement the other product
categories and maximize return of advertising investment.
3. Partner with
merchandise planning to develop and implement a balanced investment strategy by
category and store type.
4. Assist in
decision making regarding prices, quantities, freight terms, allowances and
product packaging based on the purchasing plan.
5. Report to the
executive team on the “state of the category” using financial analysis and
other fact based data in terms of current performance, new styles, trends,
promotions, best sellers, etc.
6. Research and
shop competitors to ensure the Company is a category value leader.
7. Travel to
retail store locations to conduct velocity walks; review and evaluate product
mix and gain insight regarding quality or other issues and translate those
findings into executable plans.
product development recommendations to the in-house design team; bring fresh
perspectives to the table that reflect price point and design trend needs.
9. Serve as the
product merchandise advocate for the enterprise stores as well as the licensee
domestically and internationally to corporate, manufacturing plants, trade
shows, markets and other events to observe market trends, gather product
information, examine product quality and other attributes; select merchandise
and establish business relationships with viable vendors, if necessary.
with vendors and others to maximize profitability and achieve financial
objectives by securing the best opportunities in pricing, quantity, freight
terms, allowances and product packaging based on the purchasing plan.
12. Ensure all
product documentation is complete and on file with required departments.
marketing for promotion collateral development, as well as promotional calendar
and market calendar reconciliation.
14. Review and
approve the accuracy of all strategic and technical information, such as
product mix, item selection, item description, price direction, etc., prior to
as needed, in planogram and display concept set-up, as well as new store
educational material to the field through launch process.
employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans,
transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
18. Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the
team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating
procedures are being adhered to.
employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their
performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews.
Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development
maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and
development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings,
coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
experience in purchasing, buying, merchandising, brand management, marketing or
related field, preferably in home case goods in multiple, global locations,
personality of leadership skills.
● Retail focused
career; Consumer goods Industry, fast fashion a plus.